Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Trivia Geeks

I have to admit to something here - I am a trivia geek.

There, I said it. I feel better now.

I am addicted to NTN trivia which, for those who do not know, is the trivia game you can play in some restaurants and bars where you compete against other locations. I am not alone in this addiction for E is also an addict, just not quite as addicted as I.

We found the games at a local restaurant just over a year ago and began playing on Friday nights when we had our date nights. We noticed that there was a tournament that took place every Tuesday night involving a game called Showdown. We began to suspect that there must be a group that played together at this location and that was confirmed one night when our waitress told us that they had finished the last tournament ranked fourth in their league. I began to salivate. I needed to meet these people. I needed to play in this tournament.

Why? Because I am extremely competitive. None of my friends will play Trivial Pursuit with me anymore. My brother is the only one who will dare and that's because he's as competitive as I am. We are the children of our father, who no one in their right mind wants to play Monopoly with.

E and I finally met a few members of the "team" and we've been hanging out with them just over a year now. We make national rankings pretty often and even had a perfect game of a game called Speed last week. Going into our game tonight we were ranked #42 overall of about 4500 locations in the US and Canada. On a good night there are about 10 of us who show up and spend several hours eating and sharing trivia answers together. It has been a great way for E and I to get to know new people in a city that neither of us is from. It has also been a great outlet for all that competitiveness that I have bottled up.

Yep, I'm a trivia geek and I'm danged proud of it. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Dammit, why didn't we play trivia when we were together in November? I live for trivia.

    There's nothing like knowing a boatload of useless information to make you look danged smart.

    Girlfriend, we need to match trivia wits. Gonna win some Mardi Gras beads offa ya. You can win chocolate offa me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader