Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

This week E and I are preparing for the arrival of E's parents on Thursday evening. They're en route from Utah and will spend a few days with us. We haven't seen them in at least a year and a half so we're looking forward to the visit. This will be the first time they get to see our new house so E's been cleaning like crazy. (I have the advantage of being at work all day [vbg] ) I've taken Friday and Monday off to spend with the folks so it will be a nice little vacation.

We have friends coming through town on Friday night and we'll be meeting them for dinner then on Tuesday I'll be seeing my friend Stephanie as she makes a visit here in town as well. On the 26th, my cousin Deb arrives for a few days and E's sister S is talking about a June visit. I'm truly looking forward to all of it. I enjoy having people over and especially since it's warm enough to swim, I expect we'll have folks here a lot this summer.

We've spent the last two evenings in the pool. Yesterday was a particularly crappy stressful day for me at work but as soon as I walked out of the building and realized how hot it was, it dawned on me that meant the pool was probably nice and warm. Sure enough, E made a quick check and it was 74 degrees. I told him not to get in my way when I came through the back door. [vbg] I came straight in and changed and went to the pool to wash all that stress away. Boy, did it work! Tonight I was much less stressed but I did exactly the same.

We had our first hummingbird at one of the feeders this evening. I was so excited to see that they've finally found us. I think it was a little female because she was grey. She came back several times and even sat in the tree for a bit so I think we'll see lots more of her.

I'll try to get some blogging in while the folks are here. I'm off for now.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG you are busy! Man I wish I had a pool to sit in after a long days work! Glad things are going good for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader