Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Monday, May 02, 2005

I hate Mondays

Ok, so maybe I'm not handling all this as well as I've been trying to. Several times over the weekend I had panic attacks in my freakin' sleep. I dreamed that we were at a carnival back home (???) and had committed to provide food supplies that now we could not begin to afford.

Add to that the fact that E called just now to tell me he'd been offered a job at a whopping $9 per hour - $2 less than what he'd been making before and exactly what unemployment is bringing us right now. WE CAN'T MAKE IT ON THAT!! We can't make it on unemployment = we can't make it with a job that pays the same as unemployment. I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. All I want to do is go home and curl up in a fetal position in bed and I just might.

This has been the Monday From Hell here at work. The only positive thing that happened here at work today is the boss said I don't have to go to the conference next week. I was so dreading that whole thing.

I know I'm just stressed and it's no one's fault here but I have to get out of here. I have my camera in the car. I may just disappear for a couple of hours and take a ride. I need to breathe and I need to think.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sorry you are having a bad day yesturday! (((Barefoot)))

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Eric said…

    I'm sure I can't even begin to relate to your issues and woes, so I suppose advice would be ill-placed. I've been having a rough time in life as well (it's really all subjective), so I guess all I can offer is the generic "You're not alone."

    Sometimes, hearing that can make a world of difference. It does for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader