Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Monday, May 16, 2005

Wow!

All I can say is Wow! E just got a call back on a job he interviewed for last week. It's a tech position that he's really excited about. They'd said they'd let him know by Wednesday but called today. He starts in the morning and will be making a dollar more an hour than they originally discussed. He's so very excited and I'm just kind of numb. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited but it just hasn't quite hit me yet.

Good ol' me - sitting here thinking that $5 more an hour than what he was making at his last job sounds just too good to be true. Always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hate that about myself. It's hard for me to just let go and enjoy the gift we've been given.

We've been having a great visit with his parents this week. We haven't ventured very far. We've actually pretty much stayed home but it's been such a nice visit. They are great folks. I'm very lucky to have such sweet in-laws. I'm glad they are hear today to celebrate E's new job with us.

Yes, we're going to celebrate. I'm going to let go and enjoy the moment and be thankful for the gift. We are truly blessed and I'm going to make the most of it by reminding myself of that often. :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OHHHH I am sooooo happy for you! Congrats on the fantastic news!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    I can't be happier for you two! I just knew something good was going to happen soon...and it turned out even better!

    Love to you both!

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Miz said…

    Congratz to E. Hope it is a great job.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And you're still in your beautiful home!

    Proud, Proud, Proud Sir Frap DeLite!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader