Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Shh!

The only sounds in this house at the moment are the clack of my keyboard, the jingling of doggie tags, and the occasional "Hello, Birdie Bird" from Oscar and he's out on the porch. :-D Even E is out of the house right now so it seems unusually quiet.

My dear sister-in-law and my great niece just left this morning. I took them to the airport in New Orleans and got home just in time to be here for the beginning of El's 11th birthday swimming party. There have been kids playing and splashing and adults sitting around visiting all afternoon. It was loads of fun. E just headed off to Wal Mart to pick up some parts for his lawnmower and a couple of other necessities. I suddenly find myself with a little quiet time.

Part of the reason for buying a house with a pool was so that we could entertain more. E and I are both social people and love having friends and relatives in our home. This past month has been pretty extrordinary. I just figured out that out of the past 30 days, we've had stay-over company for 20. We have enjoyed every second of it and wouldn't trade a moment. But I have to say that quiet time is greatly appreciated today. I don't even have enough energy to go out and swim. It's not quite 5 pm and I'm in my pajamas already. [vbg] I plan to be asleep by 8. :-D

Next weekend is the 4th of July and I'm sure we'll have friends here to swim during the weekend. By then I'll be rested up and ready to go. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Oh if I could only be there for the 4th! I'd have Frappy Frap bringing me drinks left and right as I soaked myself into a prune in the pool! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader