Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Monday, July 18, 2005

Finally!!

I try not to get too political on this blog, although I've slipped a couple of times. But I'm now thinking that this is my blog and therefore my place to speak my mind and politics is on my mind quite often. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to turn this into a political blog but it does mean that I'm not going to hold back when I have something political to say. [vbg]

What has me giddy with glee today is that Baton Rouge, state capitol of a RED state now has a progressive talk radio station, which carries Air America Radio! I've tried to listen online before but it's tough when there are other sounds going on my machine and it all just drives me nuts. But now I can set my handy dandy radio to 1380 AM and I can hear the Al Franken Show and Ed Schultz.

Can you tell that I'm in heaven? This station is actually owned by Clear Channel so I guess I have to quit calling them evil. [vbg] I'm not sure why we're not able to hear the Majority Report hosted by Janeane Garofalo and Sam Seder. Maybe it's because they sign off at 7 pm. I'm going to be making some phone calls very soon, I can see that coming.

I gotta tell y'all that being able to listen to other progressives during the day while I am the only progressive in a sea of conservatives is so very refreshing. I've had a big ol' grin all day long.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Excellent! I listen online when I can but the time difference screws me up a lot and I end up missing Al Frankin.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Shark-Fu said…

    Yet another reason to be bitter in St. Louis. A bitch may have to take a road trip, grab some gumbo and listen to progressive radio! I do get to catch Al Franken on the dish, though...

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger BarefootCajun said…

    Come on down, ABB. We can sit on my deck and bad mouth Scooter together. :-D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader