Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Friday, July 29, 2005

Friday's here and not a minute too soon!

Today is one of those days that I'd rather be anywhere but here. I keep waiting for 5 pm to show up on the clock but it's slow in getting here. I've been a busy bee today and I'm ready to get the weekend going without having to worry about work. I brought homework with me two weekends in a row so I'm making sure this weekend is all about everything but work. :-D

E and I are heading to Biloxi, Mississippi in the morning to catch the annual dog show. We're big ol' dog geeks and we love just watching the breed competitions and hanging out with dog show folks. Of course, we each fall in love with one or two or six different breeds and leave there swearing that our next dog will be a __________ (fill in the blank). Last year I was screaming for a Bedlington Terrier

and a Chinese Crested (hairless variety)

and E was clammering for a Miniature Schnauzer

and a Russian Black Terrier.


I can't wait to see what we fall in love with this year. :-D Of course, my absolute favorites are always the Bichons Frise.

That's because I love my boys, even though they'll never have that kind of show cut. LOL

I'll make sure and report back as to who we fell in love with this time. It's always an interesting day.

I think E's going to take me on a date tonight. We'll probably see Wedding Crashers and go out for dinner.

Y'all have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Scenes from "Best of Show" would be running through my head if I attended a dog show.

    Y'all have a good weekend. Give E a birthday smooch from me!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    all of those puppies are adorable!!

    but the last one, and i'm sorry, while it is clearly the cutest one.... it reminds me of buffalo bill from silence of the lambs. everytime i look at it, i keep thinking about "it puts the lotion in the basket" and serial killers. :)

    enjoy your weekend, darlin!

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Maven said…

    How did you enjoy Wedding Crashers? I thought it was hysterical:)

    PS: I have a penchant for pugs and smaller dogs.

    PS+: Thanks for the link!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader