Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Interesting (Aggravating) tidbits of the day

1. Remember last week when the NRA pulled their 2007 convention out of Columbus, Ohio, because the city council had the "audacity" to pass a law banning certain assault weapons? Looks like our brilliant governor has now invited them to hold the 2007 conference here.

"As a hunter and gun owner representing a state filled with avid hunters and gun enthusiasts, I can assure you that the National Rifle Association will receive a very warm welcome from the citizens of Louisiana," Blanco wrote.


Give me a freakin' break. I might just have to take up some signage and be amongst the protestors myself if that happens. Don't get me wrong - I am NOT anti-2nd Amendment. I do, however, believe that everyday folks don't need to have access to assault weapons and I think it's time the NRA wakes up and realizes that.

2. When did Sonic stop selling Frito Chili Pies???



I don't often eat fast food any more but when I get a hankering for Sonic, I usually want a Frito Chili Pie. Now I will have to make my own at home. It's an abomination, I tell you, and I think my friend DixiePeach is going to agree. Hmph!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    NO MORE FRITO CHILI PIES???

    Those bastages! I have to normally have at least one when I hit Mississippi.

    Damn. If they take away tater tots with cheese they'd better hide the sharp things from me!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I'm at work and I want a Frito Chili pie now. Plus a super chili dog. Dang -- you people have made me hungry!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Oh, and I'm not anti-2nd amendment either but I see no reason why your average everyday person needs an assault rifle -- it is beyond me.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Maven said…

    Although I'm not following Atkins anymore, I can't bring myself to eat that:( It looks delish!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader