Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Knitting again...

I am finally loving knitting again.

Right now I am trying to finish El's new scarf. It's a variagated red chenille that she picked out herself and will be soft and snuggly.

I was down at Hobby Lobby the other day to pick up another skein of chenille for El's scarf and found they had gotten a load of really cool yarn. It feels like it's part mohair and I got four balls in the strawberry color. There's a lacy shawl that I'm looking to make with it since I'm getting adventurous. :-D

I also think my nephew Ty would enjoy the Alien Scarf from Stitch N' Bitch.

On Saturday, I visited Garden District Needlework in New Orleans and was like a kid in a candy shop! They advertise that they are the largest yarn store in the southeast and I was impressed. I was such a good girl and didn't actually buy anything on Saturday. I plan to go back on the weekend in August when they have their big summer sale and buy what I need at a discount. They've got some gorgeous, sparkly stuff there that I'm dying for. They made a beautiful shawl out of it in a light pink color and I'm looking for a similar pattern to use. I think I've found one in my knitting mag that I just picked up. The only thing is that it calls for five balls and they're $12.00 each. Ouch! Maybe if I pull the 40% discount at checkout, I'll run and grab that stuff, too. [vbg]

So I hope to finish El's scarf this week and begin on the lacy shawl with the soft stuff from Hobby Lobby. I'll post pics when I can.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    A $12 ball of yarn? Not in this lifetime, sister!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger BarefootCajun said…

    Girl, I am not kidding! It was cute stuff but I'm not so sure I want to pay $60 for a shawl, whether I knit it or not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader