Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

And so it goes...

Yesterday sucked. Plain and simple.

I blew the motherboard in my computer at work just after lunch. But my boss went out and bought me a brand new machine so I hooked it up this morning. It's faster and bigger so blowing the motherboard was a blessing in disguise.

The worst part about yesterday was that E's out of a job again. The contract ended and the company decided not to extend it. Several people lost jobs yesterday. So for the fourth time in just over three years, E is job hunting again. We are praying that he finds something very soon as we haven't recovered financially from the last time yet. [sigh]

Today is Friday for me. My parents were supposed to be coming to visit us tomorrow but Dad's been down with bronchitis so they had to cancel. E and I are going to go visit them on Friday. It'll be fun to visit the old hometown on a weekday. I'll be able to go by the Sheriff's Office and say hi to the folks I used to work with.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Oh no! Poor E! I hate that he's out of work again.

    You know I'm praying he gets something again soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader