Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Brother's Hug

Keith is here.

All I could do last night when I saw him was hug him and cry.

He has his laptop and the clothes on his back but he is safe and sound. He finally made contact with his partner C last night and I know that was a huge relief. They are not sure what condition their house is in or when they'll be able to see each other again. C owns a special events planning business but there won't be any special events in New Orleans for quite some time.

It's overwhelming to realize that despite all Keith's ordeals, he's still one of the very lucky ones.

I'll post more later. Keith is going to set up his own blog and when he does, I'll post a link for y'all. Just please know how much I appreciate all your prayers and good thoughts. Keep praying for the folks in the New Orleans area. The economic impact of this storm will be far reaching.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh, what a relief to hear! I'm happy he made it and that your all together. What's the status of D? Is he still somewhere out there?

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    I'm so relieved that K is there with you and safe. I can't wait to read more of his reflections on the hurricane.

    Keep hugging him tight, hon.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad to hear Keith made it out ok. It's just so horrible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader