Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Monday, August 01, 2005

Happy Birthday, My Beloved!



Today E is 43 years old. He's not big on birthdays. In fact, he'd usually rather them passed unacknowledged. That is so hard for me to understand because I've always enjoyed birthdays. But I try to keep it low-keyed just for him.

But I can't let the day pass without sharing with the world the fact that I'm married to such a great guy. Ten years ago if you'd said to me that I'd be married to a guy I'd met on the internet, I'd have laughed in your face. Yet here we are and I have loved every minute of this ride.

E puts up with me and my idiosyncracies like no one else could/would. He makes me laugh like no one else can. He loves my dogs just as much as I do and even tolerates the cat and the bird. He doesn't even mind sharing our bed with four fuzzy little bodies. He takes awesome care of me and our house. He reminds me to look at the positive side of things rather than the negative. He never worries about money or if we're going to make it through something ok because he just assumes we will - and we always do. He loves my friends and my family as much as I do. He loves to be spontaneous and have a good time.

I couldn't love anyone more that I love E. He's my soulmate, my best friend, my lover, my compatriot, and my partner in every aspect of our life.

So happy birthday, my beloved husband. This is the sixth birthday that we've shared together and I look forward to sharing many, many more with you. I love you with my entire being. - Your wife

2 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, Eeeeee!!! Hope you had a great day!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Rats! I'm a day late!

    E, I hope you had a wonderful birthday - dog recues aside! May your new life year bring you success, good health, good luck, peace, contentment and lots of love.

    MWAH! You're a doll, fella!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader