Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Friday, August 19, 2005

Has pit will travel

If anyone had any questions as to how sweet my husband is, I'm about to put those to rest.

When he was working this last job he was off on Fridays and we'd gotten into the habit of him coming to meet me and us going out to lunch. Since he's out of work again we're really trying to save money for the next house note so we're not eating out at all.

This morning he called to tell me he'd deposited his last paycheck and gave me the amount. He then called right back to ask me what I was doing for lunch. I said I guessed I had a lunch date with him (figuring that since he'd just deposited the check we could splurge a tiny bit and go grab some lunch together). He assured me I had a lunch date and said he'd see me in a bit.

The next thing I know, the temp receptionist comes in and says that E is here but he's outside. I told her that he'd come in eventually. She said no, I might want to go see what he's up to. Well, I was busy and figured he was out there smoking (a HUGE thorn in my side that I have no desire to witness first hand) so I stayed at my desk. The receptionist came back and again said I might want to go out and check on what he was doing. Finally it go the best of me and I went up front and peeked out of the window.

On the sidewalk stood my husband's barbeque pit with smoke billowing out and my husband, spatula in hand, with a big ol' grin as he flipped burgers. We'd had some frozen blue cheese burger patties from Whole Foods at home so he packed them up with buns, cheese, and condiments and came to barbeque for me. So I was treated to the best tasting cheese burgers cooked by the cutest chef around. Everyone here got a big ol' kick out of what was going on.

It was a wonderful surprise and a huge treat. I love that he's always full of surprises. :-D

3 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Oh my goodness. That Frappy Frap is a good man.

    I think I want to marry your husband.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Maven said…

    Your husband should write a book on how to dote on one's wife. Many blessings to you for such a thoughtful and innovative husband:)

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    un-freaken-believeable. that, my dear, is why we call him "Sir Frap DeLite"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader