Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Pat Robertson is a Whacko!

From an article today on MSNBC:

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson called on Monday for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, calling him a “terrific danger” to the United States.

(snip)

“You know, I don’t know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we’re trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it,” Robertson said. “It’s a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don’t think any oil shipments will stop.”


How dare this man call himself a man of God, a Christian??? This is the same guy that in 2003 was praying for the removal or death of several Supreme Court justices.

In July 2003, Robertson asked his audience to pray for three justices to retire from the Supreme Court so they could be replaced with more conservative jurists. "One justice is 83 years old, another has cancer and another has a heart condition," he said.


I can't believe that I continue to be amazed at some of the things folks do in the name of God. As Rob Thurman said just the other day, his Christ is not my Jesus.

What scares me the most is that there are thousands of fundamentalist "Christians" out there watching the 700 Club nodding their heads in agreement.

Listen up people - WE DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO RUN AROUND THE WORLD ASSASSINATING LEADERS OF OTHER COUNTRIES JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE OR AGREE WITH US. We are not the world's policemen or [shudder] "God's" policemen. Any of you out there that even slightly agree with Whacko Robertson - put the shoe on the other foot - what would you think about someone saying the same thing about our president (past, present or future)? Does any other country have the right to come here and assassinate our president simply because he doesn't like their country?

It seems to me that some Americans have gotten just a bit too big for their own britches, running around the world, pounding their chests and screaming that we're better than other folks because "God" told us so. And I am sick unto death of it.

I want my freakin' country back out of the hands of these fundamentalist whackaloons and I want it back NOW!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Shark-Fu said…

    Tell it so it will be forever told! Preach!

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Hell, I don't think we should just stroll into other countries and go to war with them just because we don't like their leader. What's to stop other nations from doing it to us?

    I think Jim T. Parr said it best - "Who Would Jesus Assassinate".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader