Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tying up some loose ends...

Thought I'd just post on a few subjects today just to catch up from my absence.

Diamonds May Not Be The Hardest Substance On Earth

Last night while cooking, E bent over to pick something up off the floor and collided with my hand and thus my engagement ring on the way. I realized later that the large diamond was loose. Now y'all know it's true when I say how hard-headed E is - it's because he's German. :-D

I'll give him a bit of a break and tell you that my ring is an antique (from the 30's) and I was just told by the jeweler that all four prongs need to be rebuilt. I'm sure it has a lot more to do with age than with the thickness of E's head but I like telling folks that I bopped him on the head and knocked the stone loose. LMAO

Back To School

My nephew is doing well enough on his meds that he was released by his doctor to go back to school today which means he only missed the first three days. When I spoke with him last night he was less than thrilled. He was totally geared up for a boring day today and was lamenting all the video game time he'll be without.

El began 6th grade at a magnet middle school last week. She gets to take four single-semester electives this year. She's chosen choir and forensic freakin' science for this semester. Raise your hand if you wish you'd been able to take forensic science in 6th grade.

Hairless?

I came home just now to find that E'd shaved off his mustache sometime today. What's up with that?

As y'all can tell, my life is just a thrill a minute. Hopefully something of substance will happen soon so I won't bore y'all to death.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    I am here to confirm by my own marriage to my own German that they do have some hard-ass heads!

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I resemble that remark!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader