Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Friday, September 02, 2005

Some truth about the response

The pressure is continuing to build in New Orleans.

The U.S. President decided to show up today - five, count them, FIVE - days after the storm. To say the response has been slow is the understatement of the century. People are dying every minute in that city.

My friend, ABB, told it like it was in a post this morning. It's downright sickening, people. I have to say that ABB had me in tears when I read
While you sank time, money and energy into campaigning for a man who has more money than Gawd, Gawd’s children lived in a city with a f*****g ticking time bomb otherwise known as a levee in need of some fixing. How many chil'ren could you feed with the dollars you spent on those W'04 stickers?


I would like anyone reading this to take the time and go to this CNN page. Don't just read the article. Go to the link in the middle of the page that says (See the mayor's demand for national leaders to 'get off their asses' -- 12:09)
and listen to New Orleans' Mayor Ray Nagin speak from his heart about what has and hasn't been happening in that city. Both he and the reporter doing the interview end up in tears in the end.

Now we get to see what this president is made of (of course, some of us have known all along). He appointed a totally inexperienced man to lead FEMA as a political move and now we're paying for it. He initially refused any aid from the U.N. but (and I can't believe I'm about to say something positive about her) Condescending Rice saved the day by overriding Scooter's idiotic decision.

How secure do you feel now, folks? Got any confidence in our Department of Homeland Security? I sure don't.

I'm sick, just sick over all of this, people. I'm sick of monkey-faced Scooter's famous deer-in-the-headlights expression whenever something goes wrong in this country and neither Rove nor Chaney are there with their hands up his ass telling him what to say. I'm sick of folks who drool all over themselves when they tell me how wrong I am about him and what a wonderful job he's doing running this country. I'm sick of seeing dead bodies floating in the floodwaters of New Orleans while Scooter does a flyover in Air Force I with an oh-this-is-so-very-sad-but-what-can-I-do expression on his face. I'm sick of him showing up five freakin' days late just so he can get a couple of photo ops with his shirtsleeves rolled up. I want to see some action NOW, dammit. I wanted to see some action four days ago. As Ray Nagin said in his interview, how could FEMA say they didn't know that there were 20,000 people in the Convention Center starving and dying? Aren't they watching the same freakin' news channels that I'm watching??? Where are the 40,000 troops that have promised? They're certainly not in New Orleans because that city is now under siege by drug-dealing warlords. Somebody needs to get their shit together yesterday. Every life lost is blood on Scooter's hands. Add those to the ones from Iraq. God is watching us and I don't think he's pleased.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I don't know how they can say they didn't know. Here in Mobile, I knew what was going on in NO. And I didn't have electricity until the day before yesterday. I'm glad you and your brother are okay.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Leader in a crisis? Not by a long shot. When there's a true crisis - when an entire region is destroyed (and don't think terrorists couldn't do the same thing), he can't figure out how to do shit.

    Hell's bells, if I can figure out on Tuesday that the National Guard needs to be there in force to get things calm and organized so aid can be delivered, why can't the office of Homeland Screwups figure it out?

    Keep your voice loud. Hold their feet to the fire.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger PissedOffPencil said…

    I hope you don't mind but I have linked to your blog.

    I enjoy reading it, and even more so now, since I get an feeling for what is actually happening and not happening in the US.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger PissedOffPencil said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Maven said…

    I've been posting links etc and resources as I come across them. Hope it helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader