Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sorry, y'all

I haven't posted in a few days but I wanted to let you all know that we are ok. Everyone is adjusting to living under one roof and trying to get a bit of normal back, whatever that is.

I'm taking a short blog break. I'm still so very raw from this emotionally that I'm trying to stay away from most of it. I have to closely monitor what I watch in the way of coverage because it just gets to me.

I'm planning on spending some time at some shelters this weekend - both those housing humans and pets. I feel I need to help folks find each other. I'm going to try to get information from folks at shelters and try to located their other loved ones. At the animal shelter on campus I just want to help take care of all those pets that are missing their people. I cannot imagine having to leave my pets behind as they are such a part of my life. I just know I'd be one of those folks refusing to leave because I couldn't take them with me. Which reminds me - we have to change that mindset in this country. Pets are family, too. In times of tragedy like this, folks who have their pets with them probably do better.

Anyway, don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for another few days. I'm just taking some healing time. I'm still trying to keep up with all the blogs I read daily so y'all keep writing. :-)

5 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Maven said…

    Good luck and God bless! I'll keep posting links as I find them regarding relief efforts etc.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    I saw that very shelter for animals on our news tonight. One of the vets there is German and so they did a piece on the shelter. It was amazing. Very organized and the animals were getting great care. I know they'll appreciate your efforts as they animals need little things like being taken for walks or just getting petted and loved.

    Love you bunches.

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Cajun, did your hubby find work yet? I am glad all is well with you and yours, we were without power for 4 days and it was hot and hard to sleep but not complaining here.

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Miz said…

    Your a good person, take care of yourself, see ya later.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blessed be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader