1. After some fits and stops, E's new job will finally begin on Monday. Neither of us can wait for that to happen. He's ready to get out of the house and I'm ready to stop worrying about coming home to no electricity.
2. It's a lot quieter around here. Keith and Nero moved home last Friday. They've got electricity and cable at home and he's back working in the downtown office. His return home has been pretty emotional. I'll let you read his blog to catch up on all of that. We're down to having only Megs here now and, between school, volleyball, and her social life, we never see her.
3. Tyler was in the hospital all week last week. He's got some lymph nodes that are swollen due to an infection of some sort. His little neck was swollen on the left side and he was having trouble turning his head. But he was able to enjoy a week of being waited on hand and foot, playing Game Cube round the clock, and calling down for Coke Icees any time he wanted. He'll be out of school for the next two weeks and he's not complaining about that either. :-D
4. I've actually done some cooking lately. Last night it was homemade chicken soup which included fresh shoepeg corn, lima beans, green beans, and new potatoes with some RoTel tomatoes and macaroni thrown in for good measure. Unfortunately, it was so full of stuff that during the night it all soaked up the rest of the broth so the leftovers are actually a chicken stew.
5. We are watching TV like crazy. We love My Name is Earl, Commander In Chief, and The Amazing Race Family Edition. I'm also into The Apprentice Martha Stewart. We're thrilled that there are new episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations on the Travel Channel and we still love our old standby ER.
6. Sophie looks like one of the Beatles right now because she needs grooming something fierce. I'll try to get a pic uploaded so y'all can see how pitiful she looks.
7. I'm ticked that the pool is now officially too cold to swim in. Hurry up April!
I think I've bored y'all enough for now. I promise something much more interesting next post.