Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sometimes I just can't sing along with the radio

On my way home in traffic this afternoon I got tired of hearing "Holla Back" for the umpteenth time so I decided to switch over to Air America Radio and see what Randi Rhodes was up to. I'm tooling around nodding my head in agreement with Randi when all of a sudden a commercial comes on featuring Laura "I keep calling it hurricane Corrian" Bush.

In her sweet little down-home Texas twang she says something like, "On September 11th terrorists attacked the United States in an attempt to frighten us. Children don't understand all of this so you should sit yours down and tell them how safe they are and how they shouldn't be afraid." (I'm paraphrasing, of course, but that's the drift of the spot)

EXCUSE ME???? (I yelled at the radio) Correct me if I'm wrong but it is Laura's dear husband Scooter and his cronies that continuously pump that fear into our lives and our living rooms by constantly reminding us that terrorists hate us and will strike again it's just a matter of time. Those dear little children that Laura is talking about have Laura's dear Scooter to thank for their nightmares and the nightmares of their parents. Until we got rid of that idiot Tom Ridge a few months ago, those poor kids got to wake up and hear what the terrorist alert color level was every day.

So, Laura, while I believe we need to have a healthy respect for the fact that terrorists like Osama bin Laden want to hurt our country, it is your husband who keeps perpetuating the most fear. I think it's time you had a talk with him and told him to quit scaring all the little kids. And since it's October and we're talking about scary stuff, how about keeping Cheney locked up because he scares the bejeebies out of me and lots of other folks I know. Thanks!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Is it just me or did you find it an awful coincidence that on the day Bush has his "major" speech about continuing the war in Iraq, there's a heightned terror alert in NYC for the subway system?

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I thought I was being paranoid, Dix. The whole situation is just so frustrating and then Laura Bush -- who I used to half way like until Katrina -- gets up there and says she's tired of people picking on her husband. Well -- get over it! When you're president and supposed to be responsible for the country, people will do that when they don't like what you do or say.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Oh hell, that's all that family does is whine about being picked on. Barbara doesn't like it when her kids get picked on. Tough. Tell 'em to keep out of public life then.

    Or how about when Dubya kept saying in the presidential debates "It's hard being president!". Wah, wah, wah...shut up, dork!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader