Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Friday, November 18, 2005

One year ago today...

My mother's heart stopped suddenly and we almost lost her. They brought her back a total of five times and the doctors feared she might never recover.

Two days later E and I "celebrated" our 5th anniversary sitting in the hospital worrying what the future held for my parents.

One week later, on Thanksgiving Day, she celebrated with us at the home of my best friend. She'd been released from the hospital with a pacemaker and well on her road to recovery.

Today she is 100% back to normal. This morning she and my dad went to mass to give thanksgiving.

Just the other day I let her get under my skin about something as trivial as what we were going to do for Thanksgiving this year. Then I remembered how very lucky I am to have her still here to aggravate me every now and then and love me no matter what and how close we came to losing her. Today I celebrate her life and thank God I am lucky enough to be her daughter.

I love you, Mom.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    What a wonderful end to a long journey! Thanks for sharing~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader