Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Monday, November 21, 2005

Six years ago yesterday...



I know that it sounds cliche but I married my best friend. After "meeting" him online a year earlier, E and I walked down the aisle on November 20th, 1999. We were both 37 years old.

It was a shock to many of our family and friends that we were marrying someone we'd met online. Shoot, six years ago meeting someone online was still considered weird and dangerous. But E and I knew it was right, crazy as it sounded. We've never looked back.

E, my darling, we've had some hard times in these past six years but we've had some wonderful times as well. I wouldn't have missed any of them if it meant not having you by my side. For so many years I saw my life as a path for just me and I was ok with that but now I can't imagine it without you walking with me. Being loved so unconditionally makes my heart nearly burst just thinking about it. I never imagined I could enjoy marriage so much.

You are the perfect husband for me and the perfect daddy for Sophie, Sneauball, Nate, Omar, and Oscar. We all love you with all our hearts. Thank you for marrying me on that beautiful fall evening. I love celebrating it with you each year and hope we have 80 more.

I love you more now than I did then and I know that I will love you even more tomorrow and each day following.

M

5 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jilianamaelwaed said…

    I also marry with my bestfriend 25 years ago. And the years are flying. The years pass but the happiness grows...

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger thatfarmgirl said…

    That's beautiful. Congratulations.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    Awww I am all teary eyed here! That was beautiful. I wish you many more years together!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I understand exactly what you mean!! I met my better half online almost 8 years ago and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Meeting online is not something I would recommend as there are a lot of nuts in this world but we just "knew" it was right for us. I do enjoy making friends online though, there is no pressure to meet as we all have fairly busy lives so much easier to maintain friendships. If you would ever like to chat IM me anytime, my screen name on AOL is Jules1698.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Muncie Caulking said…

    Thanks for shariing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader