Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Big 4-4

This morning dawned the beginning of a new life year for me and I sat and pondered what it might bring. Then I realized that I have the opportunity to guide the way this coming year turns out simply by the way I approach things. When I look through eyes of fear, I am afraid but when I look through eyes of strength, I can conquer many things. When I approach life with a scowl, I am met with anger and chaos yet when I approach life with a smile, I am met with possibilities and opportunities.

I have declared this new life year the year of health. This year I will strive to make my physical body healthier, my emotional body stronger, and my spiritual body more enlightened. I will try to remember that how I meet the day helps determine what sort of day it will be. And I'll have this post to fall back on if I should forget.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger PissedOffPencil said…

    Uhmm.. The big 4-4? Does that mean that you've just had your birthday too?

    If so, Congratulations!

    If not, regard me as an idiot. :)

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Mahala said…

    Happy Birthday :) Those are excellent words of wisdom.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    I thought your birthday was next week! Yikes!

    Here's to making the amazing woman that you are even more amazing.

    Love you.

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger BarefootCajun said…

    Yes, PoP, yesterday was my birthday. Only two days after you. :-)

    Thanks, y'all, for the birthday wishes.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger PissedOffPencil said…

    *lol*

    I guess I'm a bit better on English than I give my self credit for?

    So you're a Sagittarius too? That's cool, because we are the one's who'll always be young at heart. :)

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday my friend! I hope we get to see each other while I am in LA for christmas!!

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Monty said…

    Thoughtful blog thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader