Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Friday, December 23, 2005

In which she completely loses her mind

Last night found me with money burning a hole in my pocket. My parents had given me a check for my birthday and I'd been carrying it around trying to decide what I wanted to get with it. Yesterday I decided that I wanted a pair of shoes. Not just any shoes, but some Crocs.



Now, any other time of year this would not have been a problem. But three days before Christmas when you decide you want a pair of the most popular shoes on the market you can't expect to breeze in and out of any store. I'm still unsure, especially after my whining about Toys R Us yesterday, why I actually decided it was a good idea to go shopping last night.

I headed off to Shoe Station first. There I found a huge crowd and tons of Crocs in every color of the rainbow. Unfortunately, none of them were in my size.

After gassing up the vehicle, I headed off to Rack Room, no Crocs. Shoe Carnival - no Crocs. Payless - no Crocs.

So what did I do? I went to the MALL! On my way I called E and told him that he had permission to put me away when I finally returned home. I swear it was supposed to be a quick trip in. I was headed to a specific store (Acesori - I later learned) but it is a new store and I wasn't sure of the location. So I phoned my sister, who happened to be in the mall and who happened to be going to Aeropostale which happens to be next door to this new store I was looking for. She tells me that it's upstairs by Foley's so I park on that end of the mall. I walked around Foley's but there was no Aeropostale in sight. I kept walking and got half way through the mall to the center court - still no Aeropostale. Finally my sister calls me back and says Oops! Aeropostale is near Dillards which is the exact opposite end of the mall from Foleys.

So after trudging through the throngs of folks doing last minute shopping, I find Aeropostle, my sister and niece, and the new store Acesori. But best of all, I found the last pair of chocolate brown Crocs in a size 9. I have happy feet this morning.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Well...you have to change your damn name now!

    I love that you got your Crocs. Had to work for them but you got them!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Mahala said…

    I lead such a sheltered life. I had never heard of "crocs" before. Have a Merry Christmas :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader