Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I am a year old today!

Well ok, this blog is. I can't believe I've been running my mouth on the internet for a year now. I have "met" so many cool folks who are bloggers. My deepest thanks to DixiePeach for giving me the nudge to begin this blog back on January 31st, 2005. I didn't know what I was going to talk about and sometimes still don't. But I have been able to express myself here and I think it's helped keep me from going insane at times. Thanks to all y'all (that's a very Southern expression) for reading what I have to say.



So to celebrate I'm going to leave y'all with a joke my bestest friend K just sent me.

A driver is stuck in a traffic jam on the highway. Nothing is moving. Suddenly a man knocks on the window.
The driver rolls down his window and asks, "What happened?"
"Terrorists have kidnapped George W Bush. They are asking for a $10 million ransom. Otherwise they are going to douse him with gasoline and set him on fire. We are going from car to car, taking up a collection."
The driver asks, "How much is everyone giving, on average?"
"About a gallon"


2 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Mahala said…

    Happy Blogo'versary!!!

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Has it been a year already? Wonderful!

    I'm glad you got started with your blog and hope to be reading it for a long, long time.

    Love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader