Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Joining the Olympic Team

Of knitters, that is.

Yarn Harlot is rounding folks up to participate in the http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/olympics2006.html.




On February 10, I'll be casting on the Cable & Rib Cap from the Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar 2006 (January 30th). Sorry I don't have the exact pic to post but I couldn't find the pattern anywhere online. I've posted something similar below. I've never done a cap, cabling, or knitting in the round before but the pattern looks simple yet challenging enough for me to try. It'll be for E and will coordinate with his Wavy scarf that I'll finish some day.

Finishing a piece in 16 days will be a challenge for me because I don't sit and knit as often as I'd like. I'm hoping this will get me into a habit.

The pattern is very close to the pattern shown here:




I'll be using Patons Classic Merino Wool in the Dark Grey Mixed shown here:




I can't wait!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    Oh yay! We can panic over our projects together!

    I need to swatch this weekend. My pattern, for some reason, doesn't have the gague on it and I'm not sure how this blanket is going to swatch up.

    If I can just stop knitting dishcloths long enough to swatch my Olympics project!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader