Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympic Event #1

Either I overestimated the difficutly of this cap project or I totally underestimated my knitting skills because I'm whizzing through this cap. I will admit that getting it cast on was a bitch but that was my fault. The pattern calls for a 16" circular needle and I couldn't find one so I bought two 32" thinking I could knit in the round with two. Well, that was a disaster. I tried casting on four times Friday night during the opening ceremonies before I just threw the thing aside in disgust. I was able to find a 16" needle on Saturday, cast on and get going with no further problems.

The pattern is only 54 rows. I have four rounds of eight rows before the decreases begin. I've already done two in just a couple of hours. I'll be ready to begin decreasing probably tonight but I haven't been able to find a set of size 10 double-points yet. I have E out searching as I type. If he can't find them, I'm going to have to order a set.

Since this pattern seems to be much less difficult than I had imagined, I have further challenged myself to finish his Wavy scarf as well.

Happy Knitting, Y'all!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    I'm going to be done with mine ahead of schedule too if I keep up at the pace I'm at. Maybe then I can finish up the blanket I'm doing for Tiffany's two year old.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger thatfarmgirl said…

    Which cap are you knitting? Thanks for visiting...Henry LOVED the sledding. In fact, the few times I went downhill without him, he stood at the top of the hill stomping his feet and barking!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader