Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Back to "normal"

Ok. The last couple of posts have been awfully political in nature. I'm warning y'all that you can expect more. I'm not going to turn this into a political blog but I will be discussing politics now and again.

You see, I pay close attention to politics. It interests the hell out of me and I'm a firm believer of knowing what my government is up to. My parents taught me from an early age that voting was my right and to not vote was to throw that right away. I can count on one hand the number of elections I've missed voting in over the past 26 years.

In 2004 I very actively worked on the Howard Dean campaign here in Louisiana. I believed in Gov. Dean's platform and still do. Watching what the media and the other Democratic candidates did to him in the primaries sickened. When it became obvious that he wouldn't get the nomination, I was devastated and lost so much of my political fight. I've continued to keep up with what was going on and comment on it but I quit being active. But all that is changing again.

With Louisiana being the 12th state to consider a ban on abortion, I'll be volunteering with Planned Parenthood here to help fight it. I'm also keeping my eye on Senator Russ Feingold (D - Wisconsin). He's the guy calling for censure of Bu$h. I'm hoping he'll make a run in 2008. I'll work my ass off for him if he does.

Anyway, my fire is back. I'm hoping it's not too early that I burn out before November of '08. But I promise I won't subject you guys to it every day. I'll keep telling you stuff like how cute Nate is since he got his Small Paws quilt in the mail yesterday. He keeps making a nest with it and curling up for naps on it. It's just too precious for words. I'll get E to get a pic for y'all.