Odds and Ends
* Had a really nice weekend but they're never truly long enough. My cousins from Phoenix spent the night Saturday and we went out to dinner with my sister. It stormed something fierce and my niece didn't want us out in all that weather. I had to promise to follow my sister home to make sure nothing happened to her. That poor baby is a third generation neurotic.
* The cousins and I each brought home a bottle of wine for after dinner. By the time we got home we were all falling asleep. You'd have sworn none of us had the energy to walk to the refrigerator and open one of the bottles. They are still unopened in my refrigerator. Man, we're lightweights.
* I got so fed up with not being able to do anything with my hair that after I dropped Deb off at the airport yesterday afternoon I headed straight to Master Cuts. I am now sporting a sassy bob.
* E's schedule is all over the place. He worked 2 - 11 Saturday and 12 to 9 yesterday. After my haircut I didn't feel like going home to twiddle my thumbs so I took myself to a movie.
* Don't waste your money on "American Dreamz". While I thought all the jabs at the Chimp-in-Chief were funny, the story line was pretty lame. Hugh Grant's character was totally unlikable as was Mandy Moore's. Watch it when it comes to HBO or something but don't spend any money on it.
* While it's true that we needed rain, we have now gotten plenty. Each storm has brought cooler weather and that means cooler water temperatures in my pool. Enough already - I want to swim when I come home from work.
* Speaking of work, and I try not to here, just suffice it to say that it's been hell lately. We've got some really serious deadlines looming and you'd have thought today was a full moon it was so busy. I came home exhausted.
* The good news is that I'm home now and E's got supper on the stove. Mmmmmmm...