Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!


Today is a great day to be a Democrat! When I got out of bed this morning, the air smelled sweeter and I realized it was the scent of hope - something I hadn't smelled in just over six years.

I'm exhausted from working 14 hours at the polls yesterday but no one can wipe this stupid grin off my face. We won the House. Once the votes have been finalized in Virginia, we will have the Senate - which was totally unexpected. Rumsfeld just resigned. Bu$h is about to officially a Lame Duck. Nancy Pelosi has just made history by becoming the first female Speaker of the House. Somebody pinch me because it feels like Christmas.


Our precinct had only an 18% turnout on September 30th but we made 30% last night. Now I know that comparatively that's still a low number but realistically it's great. It meant that people were paying attention and they got out to vote.

Now that doesn't mean the Dems get to skate on their laurels. Oh no. It's time to roll up the sleeves, sit down at the table, and come up with a good, solid plan that projects this country forward.

But they can do that tomorrow. Today it's still Christmas.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Shark-Fu said…

    Happiness and joy combined!

    Now you be sure to take care of that foot!

    Ouch.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    You know I was thinking about you as I stayed up and watched the election results. It was fabulous!

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    Hooray!

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    Heey! This is Megan L. from the Planned Parenthood meeting Thurs! I love your blog! I transferred some of my blogs to this blogspot site. I added you to my links!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader