Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Monday, August 06, 2007

Now for some fun stuff

You can all get up off the floor now. I know that I've shocked you by making two posts in the same day.

Guess what I did this weekend? This picture might help you guess.



That's the top of my friend Mary's Mardi Gras sock that I started on Friday. I knit the first half during a lovely dinner party and visit with friends at K & M's house Saturday evening. I knit the second half while visiting friends D & J at their home/camp on Lake Martin Sunday afternoon. Most of that knitting was done on the boat while everyone else fished or from their dock.

Don't they live in paradise?





Back to the knitting discussion...

The yarn is Panda - 55% bamboo, 24% cotton, and 21% elastic nylon in 9667 Mardi Gras. It was commissioned by my favorite yarn store, Garden District Needlework in New Orleans. This yarn is heavenly to work with. I can tell you that I'll be hooked on using Panda yarn for socks for a while. And yes, those are my brand new Addi Turbos in a U.S. size 1 that I'm knitting with. I now know the difference between a Volkswagen and a Mercedes. My goal is to have a pair of Addi Turbos in every size - someday. Good thing GDN gives a $5 discount for every $100 that you spend.

I can't wait to finish these socks and start on my own pair. Mary was with me the day I bought the yarn. She is the queen of Mardi Gras and wanted a pair of her own. I'm very glad to be able to make them for her.