Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Friday, August 03, 2007

Summer Madness

Wow! I just noticed this is my 200th post. Cool.

E and I have been crazy-busy all summer long. That's why you're getting a bulleted list today to catch you up on what we've been up to. (Hey, you got lots of substance yesterday so give me a break, ok?)


  • Back in the spring, E and I joined the local Unitarian Church and we LOVE it. We jumped in with both feet and got involved right away. I've started a "Fiber Arts for Peace" group there. Currently we're knitting comfort shawls and lap blankets for the sick and elderly in the congregation. In June, E and I became the Adult Activities committee. I have the hardest time not calling it the "Adult Entertainment" committee. We're responsible for arranging the lunch bunches every other Sunday as well as coming up with other fun ideas. I've also recently joined the choir. We're doing a gospel service next week and having a great time with the music.


  • At the beginning of the summer, something possessed me to suggest to E that we foster a pair of puppies for the Bichon Frise rescue group I volunteer for - Small Paws Rescue. They are half-Bichon and half-Shih Tzu puppies who were nine months old on Wednesday. Sam and Sadie are quite a pair, let me tell you. By the end of the third week they had destroyed a long list of items in our house. We hadn't had a puppy in the house since Sneauball nearly six years ago and we apparently forgot what they were like. They are cute little buggers though, although I call them the "Rolling Ball of Thunder" because they roll around playing and growling at each other. I promise I'll post pics soon. Our three were not exactly thrilled when Sam and Sadie came into the household but they've settled in and tolerate them well now. Nate loves chasing them around and playing since neither Sophie nor Sneauball will do that with him. However, I must confess - five dogs in the house is way too much. We need to find some forever homes for these guys soon.


  • I spent most of July down with bronchitis. I hadn't been that sick in many, many years. I ended up missing a total of five days of work and thought I might end up in the hospital with pneumonia. I'm so very glad to be done with that.


  • I'm still teaching knitting at Michael's but the summer has been slow. I've scheduled more classes for this month hoping that things will pick up. I could use the extra cash.


  • E turned 45 on Wednesday. He finally caught up with me for a few more months anyway. For a guy who proclaims he hates birthdays, he sure had a grand time. One of the girls at his workplace baked a cake for him. He was pretty happy about that. He didn't bring me a piece though. Of course, I didn't bake him a cake so maybe I shouldn't complain about not getting a piece.


  • My brother and sister were 40 on June 30th. Dang they're old.


  • My niece and nephew will be 8th and 4th graders respectively next Friday. They're making me feel ancient. No wonder their mom is so old.



Well, now you're pretty caught up with us. I promise I'll stop in here more often and hopefully with pics of stuff we've seen and done - if I can remember to grab the camera out of my car and download all the photos.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Dixie said…

    I did NOT know you'd been so sick. You poor love! I'm glad you're better now.

    My goodness, you really have been busy. And you know that busy does lead to good blogging to use it!

    Hug E for me. Gonna see you soon, right?

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger butterflygirl said…

    Congrats on your 200th post!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader