Mid-Life Ramblings; Sanity Optional

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Inked!

I know that I was supposed to continue with the story of last weekend but I have to interrupt that story with this breaking news... E and I got inked on Friday night! This is E's second tat but was my first foray into the world of permanently inked things on one's skin. I have to say that I love it! It took me until I was just a month away from my 46th birthday to figure out something that I could live with permanently on my body and here it is...



The needles represent the first pair of needles I ever bought - size 8, 14" Brittany Victorian walnut - that I broke a couple of months ago. I was sick over losing them as they were my favorite an irreplaceable. Now I have the with me always. The color of the yarn is special to me because my two best friends K and D and I call our get-togethers "purpling", which references the poem "Warning" aka "When I'm An Old Woman" by Sandra Martz. I had him put it on my lower left calf.

E got the symbols for Zen and Om on his upper right arm. Check it out...



He wanted a calming color so he had me pick out a nice blue. I think it came out great.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    Those look great!

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger Keith said…

    Wow! The artist did a great job on both of them. I like.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Dez Crawford said…

    Found you on Ravelry ... love the tat! I'm in BR too.

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! they look fantastic! I'm planning on my first inking when I get below 200 pounds. It's my first big goal for myself and one I hope to reach sometime early 2008 to mid 2008. I want to do some sort of serene dolphin scene on my upper mid back.

    How was your pain? I think I have a fairly high tolerance for pain, so it's not scaring me too much

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader